The Cox Kentucky-5
The Kentucky-5 is the original banjo in the Cox line, and has been in continuous production since 1965.
Jimmy Cox has made many refinements over the years to fine-tune this banjo. The Kentucky-5 has an exceptionally full tone, and the volume...well, this banjo sure has it when you need it!
You have a lot of choices when you order a Kentucky-5 banjo.
Curly maple, burl walnut, or mahogany are available for the neck and resonator. The Kentucky-5 comes in either flat or raised head styles, and you have a choice of three inlay patterns for the neck. Gold-plated hardware is an additional option.
- * Choice of curly maple, walnut, or mahogany neck and resonator
- * Flat head or 40-hole raised head
- * Choice of 3 inlay patterns: "Hearts & Flowers," "Wreath," or "Flying Eagle"
- * Ebony fretboard
- * Nickel or gold-plated hardware
- * Kentucky-5 tone ring
- * Cox tailpiece
- * 3-ply rock maple rim
- * 5-star tuning keys
- * All parts made in the U.S.A.
- * Hard shell case included
Nickel plated: $3,700